New Year. New Thoughts.

Every year, especially in social media, people see this day as an opportunity for a fresh start. They say, "New Year, New Me." I usually don't have a problem with it, but if you keep doing the same things in the current year you do in the previous years, you will get the same results.

If you really want to be a new you, it starts with your thinking. When you seriously start to monitor and change your thoughts, then your life will start to bend to your way of thinking.

Some people consider 2016 as the worst year because an unpopular political novice became president after a grueling and scandal filled campaign on both sides, giants of the entertainment world passed away and probably some personal stuff on top of that. While I did not vote for our president elect (my guy Bernie lost in the playoffs) and some entertainers' passing hurt more than others (Muhammad Ali, Prince, Carrie Fisher and her mother Debbie Reynolds within a couple of days to think of a few), I can understand why people say it was a bad year.

Personally, it was a tough year for me. I lost my mother in December of 2015 and had to go through the firsts without her. New Year's Day, Mother's Day, her birthday, etc. A little background, my maternal grandmother died before I was born. My mother got to see her grandson but he was only 8 months when she passed. So, she got to see her grandson but missed his first birthday.

So, with all this, it's been a rough one. I wanted this blog to be motivational but it is hard to be motivated with such a heavy loss. I am still trying to and guarding my thoughts against negativity has moved down on the list of priorities. I had lost my way.

I went to work one day and it occurred to me that going to this job day in and day out, missing time with my family and slowly watching my dreams die is not the answer. My mother spend her life helping people and I have spend my life trying to only help myself. I came up with this blog as a journal of my life but also a way to reach out to people with the hope of maybe relating to someone and helping them push on.

With that, I have now committed to guarding my thoughts and trying to be positive in all aspects of life and just continue writing. I hope that everyone continues to follow their dream and stays positive. Let's see what happens....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change Your Atmosphere

First Post

Movement or Revolution?